Natural Surgical Barrier
AlloWrap is a human amniotic membrane designed to provide a biologic barrier following surgical repair. The double-sided membrane features two layers of amniotic tissue orientated with the epithelial layers facing outwards, eliminating application orientation restrictions.
- Double-sided epithelial layer allows for maximum tissue barrier opportunities as an on-lay and/or in wrapping tissue applications, i.e. to protect against adhesions in demanding spine, trauma & extremity, and sports medicine applications
- Tissue remains in surgical site greater than eight weeks†
- Immune privileged*, non-expansive, pliable tissue that conforms and settles within the surrounding tissues to form a stable, thin, strong membrane barrier
- Available in a moist configuration (AlloWrap DS) or dry (AlloWrap Dry) to aid in demanding surgical placement
- Room temperature storage, with two-year shelf life
AlloSource Placental Donation Program
The AlloSource Placental Donation Program provides the opportunity for women scheduled to undergo elective caesarean sections to collaborate with AlloSource and their doctor to facilitate the recovery and donation of placental tissue following delivery. Learn more here.
*Mamede Amniotic membrane: from structure and functions to clinical applications. May 18, 2012. Cell & Tissue Research.
†Samaniego, Adrian, B.Sc., AlloSource®, Centennial, CO: Human amniotic tissue as an anti-adhesion, anti-fibrotic barrier in an ovine spinal laminectomy model.